Thursday, September 16, 2010

Cajun King


So it doesn't look like much from the outside-or the inside for that matter. When I first walked in the door I was assaulted by the thick aroma of pine sol and citronella. Doesn't exactly say 'lets eat'. BUT, let me tell you this place ain't messin' around! For $10 (a stretch for me to spend on a meal that doesn't include a red meat product) you get a buffet of salad, select soups like gumbo, rice, beans, blackened pork chops, fried chicken, and bread pudding. I was sure it was going to be a waste of money. But what I didn't understand was that the buffet wasn't the main course, it was the sides. Once seated we were served two piping hot platters of the best catfish I have ever eaten, hands down. These platters are bottomless, and so is the catfish- no dirt taste! The fish is cut into strips similar to chicken strips but slim and served with a sauce that was somewhere between honey mustard and heaven. The batter was crispy and flavorful. To compliment the catfish we were also served a basket full of beignets heavily dusted in powdered sugar-also on the 'eat to your hearts content' list. I'm dying. I could literally pop. Put it on your list of places to go. Very friendly people running the place too.

No comments:

Post a Comment