Tuesday, September 21, 2010

The Highchair has Crevices


I like to have pictures with my posts. This time I will spare you the real picture of how I found out Easton's highchair has crevices. Let the details commence; Today at lunch I whipped up some chicken and prune juice, and a veggie medley for E. Both items he has regularly and enjoys. He has been having trouble with constipation so I have been giving him Miralax in his milk to help him along so to speak. So, lunch started with about a cup of chocolate milk with Miralax which he gulped down. I tried to feed him a couple bites of the chicken, no go. So I tried with the veggies. Again no. He's been teething and had a little fever so I chalked it up to just not wanting that stuff and got up to get him something else to eat. I got about 5 feet away when I heard a little cough, looked back at a scrunchy faced baby, and saw him turn into a human baby fountain of chocolate milk. Puke all over him, his highchair, and the floor. Anyone who knows Jersey knows she was already poised and ready at the base of his highchair waiting for manna to fall from heaven as it always does at Easton's meal times. She managed to not get puked on. I picked him up and promptly hosed him off in the kitchen sink, to his delight. I put him on the floor and went to work hosing and scrubbing the highchair cushion and trays. Then I found the crevices. Vomit ran down into places between plastic and in joints and hinges I never noticed before today. Awesome. Now we will get to either live with puke smell for a couple days til' it drys up and crusts over, or find a way to power spray our stupidly expensive highchair. Meanwhile, back at the ranch...Jersey is dutifully cleaning up the kitchen floor around the chair. I am grossed out enough to not put it together that the milk that Easton returned to me was laced with Miralax. Anyone?? Fabulous. Now the dog just took in who knows how much laxative and dairy product. Easton decided a lunch of Club crackers and dried Veggie crackers was quite pleasing. I on the other hand skipped lunch. There is a picture of Easton right after he got hosed off in the kitchen sink, it will post later when it wants to I suppose. He was very content indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment