Wednesday, September 15, 2010

I forget...



A video for his people

Does anyone ever have weeks like this? I mean seriously! I have gone to work only to find that I left my locker keys at home, and my only pair- no make that my back up pair of work shoes (because my normal shoes got left in Ft.Worth) are locked in my locker. I am wearing flip flops at the time. Very professional with my scrubs. Once I get that fiasco ironed out, I am walking through the icy cold dental office only to discover (use your imaginations here) that I am pretty much not wearing a bra. For the second time this week. Its Wednesday. I say pretty much because I am wearing my sleep bra which neither lifts nor pads, and I am sans boobs. Today I filled in at another office, and before I could go in to work there I had to drive an extra 2 miles out of my way to go to that same stinking locker where my same stupid back up shoes are because, oh yeah, I would need those to work in today. Ive had this temp job lined up for over a month. Once at the office Im temping at I act like a total idiot, screw up xrays for myself and two of the dental assistants, and make one splashing failed attempt at numbing a patient for the doctor-shocker. Tomorrow I am making a pledge to myself to remember my bra, keys, shoes, how to take xrays, and give shots, in that order.

3 comments:

  1. My first thought after reading this was not about the post at all...it was: has Lana learned to spell? We usually only communicate verbally so I haven't actually seen any writing samples in you know, like 15 years, but I officially remove you from "the people that can't spell" list.

    And regarding the post: I was out doing laundry and your work shoes are out there and I stepped on one and it turned sideways and touched my leg! All I could think of was you warning me not to touch them b/c they are contaminated with biohaz waste! Blech. Those things are probably growing their own teeth from the fragments embedded in them out in the hot humid garage. If your shoes gave me the hiv you're in trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hiv, tb, and the common cold and flu. What the heck are you talking about? Since when was I bad at spelling? And why do you have a list of people who can't spell? I do heart spell check though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh!!! You crack me up!

    ReplyDelete