Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Guest Blogger!

Hello Friends of Lana!  Apparently the Andersons are having computer issues so I'm filling in today.  It's Rikki btw - Lana's original better half.  So I asked her earlier...what do I write about?  She suggested I write about what I do in my single time...I'm what you'd call a 'law school widow'.  JD works during the day and goes to school at night so I've got time to kill.  I considered it and thought that this topic would likely elicit either envy or pity.  Those of you busy with kids might kill for a night of no responsibility.  Others may think how sad and empty her evenings are!

A while back a friend (with 2 young kids) asked if I could do her a favor her b/c she had been so busy lately.  I'm like sure, no prob.  She said "I'm sure you're really busy too..." and I said "not really, I've got all the free time in the world."  She looks annoyed and asks "so what DO you do every night while JD is at school?"  The truth is that a few nights a week I do whatever I want and it's kinda awesome.  I can do the Kim Kardashian Butt workout dvd without anyone giggling in the background.  I can watch chick flicks without any comments from the peanut gallery about how dumb they are.  I can meet for a girls night  out and not feel guilty that my husband might starve at home if I'm not there to feed him!  But, this is only fun b/c someone still walks in that door before I go to bed.  It's not a permanent situation either, we're halfway to a law degree now!  So, don't cry for me Argentina...I'm cool with my abundance of free time and one day when I am racing around like a mad woman trying to get kids to soccer practice on time and a healthy dinner on the table I'll look back fondly on those nights when I had time to sit on my patio listening to Norah Jones and reading trashy magazines without a care in the world.


Lana said I had to include a picture and I am too lazy to search so here's the only one saved on my laptop...

1 comment:

  1. Nice read Rikki. This makes me think of the Frazier episode where Niles sat in for him on one of his shifts! HA!

    ReplyDelete